“Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom.” – Victor Frankl
Definition of Mindfulness (Google):
a mental state achieved by focusing one’s awareness on the present moment, while calmly acknowledging and accepting one’s feelings, thoughts, and bodily sensations, used as a therapeutic technique.
How can we practice mindfulness? Here are 10 easy ways…
1. Live in the moment (be aware and present… enjoy the moment)
2. Accept things as they are (events happened and we can control our responses)
3. Use the power of visualisation (practice positive thinking, see everything in your mind)
4. Practice mindful eating (know what is going into your body, the quality of the food)
5. Start your day without any gadgets (there are many other things that you can do 🙂 )
6. Accept your weak points (focus on your strengths and further strengthening them)
7. Take small steps (start small and go for small wins)
8. Wait patiently (patience is key… take a deep breath and let it go…)
9. Free yourself from all distractions (be aware of the thoughts and focus on what you want)
10. End your day on a positive note (start with positive and end with positive…)
Different people have different ways of achieving the above… find your own way and if it works for you… keep doing and achieve MINDFULNESS.
If it our CHOICE to have a better life, habits, be happy, be healthy… make your choice and enjoy the journey of life.
“Change Your HABITS, Change Your World!”