“Once time passes, you can’t get it back.”
January 2022 is coming to an end… WOW! What happened? Do you mean the first month of 2022 is almost over and Lunar New Year is just around the corner? What have I done so far? (Sighing and letting go one big breath…)
Another chapter on growing (not sideways… of course!) in my journey in life. Getting ready for new adventures and learning more from others…
Recently watched a video by Nick Vujicic and he has brought to my attention the six -(6) areas in my life that I need to look into:
- Faith – what am I doing to build my relationship with God? Despite good or bad times, how am I doing in terms of my faith in God? I know that He is with me, no matter what.
- Family – what memories do I want to create with my loved ones? So that, when I look back one day… I have great stories to share and tell. What are some of the places and experiences that I can go to create? To me, it is not just about the place and spending money… investing quality time is more important.
- Friends – how many do I need in this life journey of mine? I believe I do not need many friends… a few good ones will be enough. I would rather invest my precious time for those who really know how to appreciate friendship.
- Fitness – how am I doing in terms of my mental and physical health? No money can buy my sanity and overall wellness. With great fitness, one can definitely enjoy more in life. What am I doing in order to have better mental and physical health? Trust is good, check is better… just this morning, I had a chat with a good friend and he has advised me to go for a thorough health check. At least gauge where I am and then work towards improving my fitness.
- Financial – how much is it enough? Am I living a comfortable life? How much commitment am I having? The media is constantly bombarding us to spend, spend and spend. When is it enough? We make the choice to buy or not… or will it be better to start investing? What goal am I setting this year in terms of my finances? What are the books to read to increase my level of knowledge and what can I do to improve my financial skills?
- Fun – how am I enjoying my journey pursuing the five things mentioned above? I believe one can have fun in doing anything… depending on the perspectives. It is a choice to make… whether the task is going to be fun or not. How am I going to be child-like (not childish)? Being curious and taking one step at a time with fun in mind.
I am sure different people have different opinions and ways to go about their lives. I just look forward to adding some spice (value) into your journey.
Let me know if you have other interesting ideas and we can have coffee/tea to discuss.
“We always have time for the things that matter the most to us.”