What are your favourite quotes?
Don’t have one, perhaps you can start with one of these ten -(10) that I am about to share.
I will be sharing the top 10 habit quotes that I can relate to… after sharing the quote, I will put in some of my thoughts about the quote and what the quote means to me.
It may not resonate with you… anyway, these are just my views and opinions. Just enjoy reading and who knows, you can gain something from this blog. Happy reading.
- “And once you understand that habits can change, you have the freedom and the responsibility to remake them.” – Charles Duhigg
I have a choice to change what I want to, and the choice that I have made, there is always a price to pay. The word freedom to me means having the power to make choices and responsibility means paying the price.
- “I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks, but I do fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times.” – Bruce Lee
Focus is what I give my attention and power to. When I am committed to doing one thing until I get the results, the outcome will be great. Meaning when I go deep and learn more about the topic of interest, I will gain more insights and information, versus learning briefly and scratching the surface.
- “In essence, if we want to direct our lives, we must take control of our consistent actions. It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” – Tony Robbins
Consistency is key in getting results. If I were to be serious in getting what I want, I will need to put in the effort, commitment and daily deliberate actions. Then, the results will come.
- “We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.” – Will Durant
When we keep doing the things that we do, one day it becomes our reality. Like the habit quote #2, FOCUS and putting all my effort to get good at the thing I am doing. It is not one time action but consistent-continuous action that leads to excellence.
- “Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going.” – Jim Ryun
There are times that I get really excited to start a new project or being given an opportunity to provide solutions to some challenges. And after a while, the level of excitement deteriorates… then how can I keep going? By having a process to make it a routine, it does not mean I have to complete everything in one go, I can always chunk-it-down to manageable activity, slowly and surely, as long as I keep going, it will be completed.
- “Failure is only postponed success as long as courage ‘coaches’ ambition. The habit of persistence is the habit of victory.” – Herbert Kaufman
During my journey in getting to where I want to be, I will face many disappointments and failures. What I have learnt from my past journeys, failure is part of the process and it is a feedback telling me that I may be focusing on the wrong action. As long as I keep going and having the right mindset to fine-tune (improve), I will somehow get to where I want to be and reap the rewards… hence there is a saying… “The journey is the reward.”
- “Positivity is like a muscle: keep exercising it, and it becomes a habit.” – Natalie Massenet
Like the weather, I will experience rainy season… no matter how long the season last, it will pass. The sun will come out again… so, it is a reminder to myself that no matter how bad the day is, tomorrow is a new day. I need to perfect practice being positive to face any adversity until I am used to being positive. And with the positive energy, I can inspire the people around me.
- “Chains of habit are too light to be felt until they are too heavy to be broken.” – Warren Buffett
I need to constantly remind myself and be mindful that, no matter how trivial the action or behaviour (where I am referring to negative ones) is… I need to ensure I do not repeat it so often until it becomes a part of me. When it does become a habit, it will be difficult to get rid of it.
- “We will be more successful in all our endeavors if we can let go of the habit of running all the time, and take little pauses to relax and re-center ourselves. And we’ll also have a lot more joy in living.” – Thich Nhat Hanh
There is no point for me to keep running and not stop to smell the roses along the way. There is a need for rest, recharge and rejuvenate to journey in life’s marathon… normally there will be pitstops and checkpoints… and after having enough rest, I should be continuing my journey to excellence.
- “Make it your habit not to be critical about small things.” – Edward Everett Hale
There was an old wise person who used to tell me, “Do not sweat the small stuffs…” Most of my worries were caused by trivial events and people who do not mean much to me. As it is a journey in life, I will definitely go through and meet all sorts of people. As long as I keep my chin up, better days will be around the corner.
There you have it… these are the top 10 of my favourite habit quotes. Thank you for reading and do share which of the quotes is your favourite… or not.