“Stay committed to your decisions, but stay flexible in your approach.” – Tony Robbins
A lot of us, myself included… tend to wait for the right moment to make decision – the right decision… is there really a right decision?
What I have learnt from some of the audio books, we have to just make the decision and manage the decision we have made… fine-tuning it along the way – to make it a good and sound decision (at the time we made that decision with the resources that we have). We have to learn to be resourceful and have the grit (persistence) to pursue what we have decided upon (as long as we can).
“It always seems impossible until it’s done.” – Nelson Mandela
At times we have the fear to make the wrong decision… well, if we do not make that decision, will you be able to know whether you are able to achieve it?
Some recommendations I have in mind…
- Use the Benjamin Franklin method (a good article to read: https://www.artofmanliness.com/articles/how-to-make-a-decision-like-ben-franklin/)
- Discuss with the people that you trust (to bounce off some ideas) and you will have to make the decision, anyhow.
- This is the time when you know, having a mentor and / or a coach helps (let me know if you need any help, i will be more than willing – if both our schedules permit).
- Do your research, write down the possible outcomes (depending on the goal that you have set), “sleep on it” for a few days and refer to item #2 or #3.
- Just Do It… NOW! (If you do not, will you regret it… at a later stage in life?)
In my humble opinion, it is not how you start, it is the journey of learning, to keep going and persist until you finish what you have started.
So what… if you made a mistake? Evaluate the experience and move on…
I am sure there are a lot of good reading materials you can get pertaining to making decisions. You can read as much as you can or want… ultimately, you have to make that decision to either start or not.
Opportunity does not come to you… You have to SEIZE IT!
Let me share some quotes that I like on making decisions:
- “A wise man makes his own decisions, an ignorant man follows the public opinion.” – Grantland Rice
- “When your values are clear to you, making decisions becomes easier.” – Roy E. Disney
- “I made decisions that I regret, and I took them as learning experiences… I’m human, not perfect, like anybody else.” – Queen Latifah
- “Sometimes it’s the smallest decisions that can change your life forever.” – Keri Russell
- “Our daily decisions and habits have a huge impact upon both our levels of happiness and success.” – Shawn Achor
I look forward to your success and please share your story / journey with me.
“Change your habits, change your world!”
“Your habits, your future!”