Happy New Year 2023! I know the first month is almost up… better be late than never, right?
Not that I am giving any excuses nor protecting myself… I completed my reflections before the year ended. I was contemplating whether I should post them or not… anyway, after some time thinking about it, here it goes…
What moments were good this past year?
- Getting a new job, learning new things (Degreed, Confluence, projects)
- Going for business trips
- Winning prizes; vouchers during family day and teambuilding
- Able to witness my daughter’s graduation
- My own MBA graduation
- Getting my bonuses
- Able to invest in various instruments/providers
- Did my medical check-up and overall the result was good
- Able to buy gifts for my loved ones
- Able to repair my car; having spare cash
What moments were bad this past year?
- Infected by Covid-19
- Experiencing credit card scams
- Black out during medical check-up (failure to draw blood from both my arms, only after 4 attempts)
- Got cheated of RM10 by Asia Wash – car wash on the final day of the year
What things did you do right?
- Work Projects (got my job confirmation from it)
- Passing my MBA
- Not spending unnecessarily
- Handmade noodles and tortillas
What mistakes did you make?
- No major mistakes; just failure to refrain from eating supper (from time to time)
- Not consistent in exercising
How did you grow as a person?
- Ability to face disappointment
- Having the patience to deal with disappointments
How would you have done things differently?
- Being consistent with exercise
- To be more vocal and able to challenge my line manager
- To call/see mom and dad more frequently
What are you grateful for?
- That I am able to wake up daily
- My wife and two kids
- Having a job to provide for my family
- Able to learn new things
- Able to have both my parents around
- Got my MBA degree
- Able to eat and enjoy good food
- Having me time
What can you learn more about to make yourself better?
- Speak and write
- Dealing with difficult people
What are your goals and resolutions you plan to achieve next year?
- To be leaner and lighter (physically)
- To practice meditation and be mindful (mentally)
- To serve God and His people (spiritually)
- To be consistent and a better leader (personally)
- To continue investing (financially)
What are some actions you can do to improve next year?
- Being able to strategise and be more big picture
- Not to be affected by other people’s actions/feedback/criticism
- Communicate assertively
Final thoughts on 2022
Overall 2022, was an interesting year of new journey and experience. I got a new job, moved into a new place (relocated myself for work in KL), business trip to Cyprus, graduated from WOU for MBA and new work challenges… I praise God for His blessings and guidance.
I pray that 2023 will be a fruitful and meaningful year for my family and me. God please let us be in Your favour, continue to bless us with your grace and mercy. And I know You have a grand plan for me and You are preparing me for Your plan.