“It’s the little details that are vital. Little things make big things happen.” ~ John Wooden
Lately I have been thinking, how did the people who are successful achieve what they are achieving? How did they manage to get to where they want to be? How do they sustain what they are doing, day to day basis?
I observed and then I reflected… as there are many ways to achieve results, one of the main possibilities could be the little things that we do (on a daily basis).
“Consistency over intensity…”
As long as we keep doing and going, I believe we will be able to get the results that we have set for. A lot of people want to achieve more in less time, realistically that is not sustainable. It takes a lot of discipline and consistent effort to be achieving the results and maintaining the momentum.
“If you can’t do the little things right, you will never do the big things right.” ~ William H. McRaven
To tell you the truth, I do dream of big things, leaving a legacy in this world, achieving financial independence, running successful global companies, wanting to be the most important person to a lot of people and the list goes on and on.
Then one day when I was travelling for work, while on the plane (after the plane has taken off and at a cruising altitude)… I looked out the window (as I did not get the aisle seat that I preferred) and suddenly I realised that I am just a tiny little person in this world (what about the universe?). Anyway, I took it as an inspiration for me to work towards my vision and mission for as long as I can. I know for sure that if I keep moving, ultimately I will reach the destination that I want to.
I will keep on contributing to this world, people around me as much as I can… doing my part.
“The little things amount to big things.” ~ Robin S. Sharma
While taking this journey, I might as well enjoy it to the fullest… focusing on the little things.
“I think it’s important to find the little things in everyday life that make you happy.” ~ Paula Cole
Here are some “little things” we can do on a daily basis:
- Health – how about some stretching, short walk, jog or run, meditation, yoga, little movement to keep our body and mind healthy;
- Well-being / Attitude – smile, be yourself original self, positive thoughts, observations, awareness, reflection, visualisation, short breaks, anything to keep ourself energised, happy and fulfilled;
- Activities – planning, list of things to do, what is the focus for the day? research to add value to self, slow down (if need to), encouragement, appreciation, compliments, communication with others to make it a memorable day;
- Financial – savings for the rainy day, donation for charity, ways to give back, treat yourself, family members, money for health, holiday, education… I believe with some money, we have options;
- Practice Gratitude – allocate some time for gratitude, giving thanks, be grateful (especially when we are able to get up in the morning), the joy of existence and doing something great, how about drinking your favourite drink (coffee, tea, chocolate)?
“True greatness consists in being great in little things.” ~ Charles Simmons
I would like to share an interesting site about the little things. The link is as below:
Please share with me your thoughts and the little things you are doing throughout your journey to success.
Have a great journey folks!
“Your habits, your future!”